Activities and Events
Go beyond the intricate design of our new home community, and you’ll discover another reason that Tucker Hill is different. We couldn’t boast about keeping our focus on people if we didn’t go that extra mile and offer planned activities and events for our residents. To accomplish this goal, Southern Land Company partners with a Lifestyle Coordinator.
Contrary to popular belief, a Lifestyle Coordinator’s main objective is not to organize bingo tournaments or arts and crafts sessions. Tucker Hill’s Lifestyle Coordinator plays a distinct and important role from day one. She plans a variety of monthly events and activities, both on and off-site. Then, she ensures that all residents are kept up-to-date on the ever-changing selection of opportunities for people to meet one another and develop friendships. She also assists in facilitating the activities and events sponsored by the community’s various clubs and committees.
The Lifestyle Coordinator is there to help everyone from children, teens, parents, singles, and empty-nesters connect with their neighbors in their new community.
Here’s just a sampling of recent activities and events enjoyed by our residents:
- Trips to different areas of the Metroplex for performances, exhibits, garden tours, and more
- Movies and Concerts on the Lawn
- Luncheons for ladies in downtown McKinney
- Chef-Led Cooking Classes
- Community Garage Sale (Set for April 29, 2017 – read more here!)
- “Lunch-n-Learn” programs featuring local experts as well as container gardening demonstrations and workshops
- Pool Parties & Dive-In Movies
- Seasonal activities such as a community Easter Egg Hunt, July 4th Parade & Picnic, and Christmas activities for kids and adults
- Children’s activities
- Frisco RoughRiders baseball games
- Monthly “Coffee on the Porch” informal gathering
- Welcome committees, book clubs and other special interest groups
- Front porch decorating contests for the seasons
The general public, along with our residents, also enjoy a select number of annual community events such as “Tucker Hill Pumpkinville”(our fall pumpkin patch), a holiday home tour, and an early summer outdoor live music event called “PorchFest.”