Planning is the key to good gardening. Knowing your soil, growing zone, seasonal sun patterns and the micro climates of your garden all contribute to a positive experience. Gardening takes time too. A good plan and the benefit of time (even a relatively short period of time) are evident throughout Tucker Hill. From the main entry and Founders Square to the dog park, the setting is naturally pleasing.
Proper pruning and maintenance are not chores! These tasks, done correctly and consistently, are also guarantees for a beautiful garden and yard. Seriously, think of it as therapy or exercise, but not work.
Planting is the fun part for many plant nerds and gardeners in general. The fun never really stops at Tucker Hill. We will be planting pansies and their companion plants for several more weeks and in January, we will plant our tulips.
As always, you are encouraged to visit and see what is blooming now!
Now is the time to plant…
- Ornamental trees
- Winter and spring-blooming bulbs
- Ornamental grasses
- Winter-blooming perennials
- Bare-root roses, trees, shrubs, and vines
- Cool-seasonal flowering plants and vegetables
Now is the time to prune…
- Fall and winter-blooming shrubs and vines (after they have bloomed)
Now is the time to plan…
- For next season, next year, next ten years or more