Before you even visit a Tucker Hill model home, chances are you’ve already determined that you love our community and all of its amenities! It’s also in a great school district (Prosper ISD), your commute to work is hopefully manageable, it’s a safe and desirable area of McKinney, and it’s close to shopping, dining, and healthcare options. To help make your new home buying process easier, we’d like to offer some helpful tips to consider before you meet with one of our builder sales representatives.
Our Top 8 Tips for New Home Buyers:
- Have a checklist of what you want in your new home.
- Consider the following –
- Architectural style
- Square Footage
- Number of beds/baths/garages
- Single Story or Two-story
- Amenities (formal dining room, study, game/media room)
- Options/Upgrades (hardwoods, solid-core doors, high-end appliances, counter surfaces, cabinet styles, lighting)
- Consider the following –
- Visit our website to see elevations and floor plans, as well as currently available homes and lots.
- Determine your timeline for purchasing. Tucker Hill does offer several Showcase homes that are immediately available or will soon be available. However, if you want to select your own lot and build from the ground up, our builders advise that this process can take at least 8 months on average.
- One of the best tips we can pass along is to know how much house you can afford. Consider talking with a lender and even getting pre-qualified. And remember, builders price their “build-to-suit” homes with a base price. If you add options or upgrades, your price will go up.
- If you want to work with a Realtor, please know that our builders welcome buyers with Realtors. Both of our builders pay Realtor commissions, but do request to know that a buyer is represented by a Realtor at that first point of contact.
- Call or email our builder sales representatives in advance to schedule a meeting. If you’re working with a Realtor, he or she will typically suggest this and will call on your behalf. Having an appointment starts the process off much more smoothly because you’ll have the sales representative’s undivided attention and will get your specific questions answered in a timely manner. However, please know that our builders always welcome walk-ins and are always happy to have you preview their models.
- Remember that your first visit to a builder’s model provides the chance for you to see a professionally designed home and the very best that our builders have to offer. Keep an open mind regarding style and try to imagine your own needs and preferences. Take photos and compare what you’re seeing in the model to the Standard Features list that your sales representative will provide.
- Our builders are currently Darling Homes and David Weekley Homes. Their models are open 7 days a week, typically from 10 am until 6 pm. To connect with the sales representatives for each builder, please click here for their contact information.
Looking for more information and tips about buying a home in Tucker Hill? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .